Collection of Personal Data
As a customer of our Company, or a visitor or user of our website, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal data when you subscribe with us for any service and/or product. The information we collect may include your name, title, contact details (e.g. address, email address and phone numbers) and other information about you that you give us by filling in forms, surveys, or by communicating with us.
In respect of the information that we collect through the [online enquiry form] available on our website, please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks. In the event that you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the information, products or services you need or process your request. Data not marked with asterisks is provided by you on a voluntary basis. In the event you choose not to provide such data, your user experience may be affected if the requested data is used to enhance or personalise the information, products or services offered or provided to you.
Our website is initially set up to accept cookies. You can opt-out of or delete historical cookies by changing the settings on your web or mobile browsers; however, if you do so, you may find that certain features on our website do not work properly and your user experience may be compromised.
Purpose of Collection:
The Company may use and retain the personal data provided by you for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Providing information concerning the Mizkan Group, including information on products, sales campaign and events offered or organized by the Mizkan Group;
- Sending or offering gifts, products and services;
- Contacting winners in campaigns and shipping prizes to the relevant individuals;
- Handling inquiries and complaints relating to Mizkan Group’s products;
- Administering questionnaires and surveys for the development and/or improvement of Mizkan Group’s products;
- Sending congratulatory or condolence messages;
- Facilitating the completion or confirmation of transactions and other business activities;
- Providing affiliate services;
- Sending business correspondence;
- Carrying out direct marketing activities, including research and statistical analysis of marketing data and/or;
- Anonymizing personal data and conducting data analytics activities.
Transfer of personal data
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, personal data provided by you may be transferred to:
- MAP's affiliates or related corporations, whether sited in Singapore/Taiwan/Hong Kong, or outside of Singapore/Taiwan/Hong Kong and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong;
- Any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology or other services (including vendors to the Company and providers of direct marketing services) to the Company and/or our affiliates in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- Any person (including private investigators) in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates;
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business; and
- Any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority in Hong Kong or elsewhere where the Company is under a legal, statutory or regulatory obligation to disclose or provide such personal data.
For our policy on using your personal data for marketing purposes, please see the section below regarding "Direct Marketing".
Subject to your rights as indicated below, the Company may, in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations:
- Use your personal data held by the Company from time to time for direct marketing;
- Conduct direct marketing (including but not limited to providing reward, loyalty or privileges programmes) in relation to the following classes of products and services that the Company, our affiliates, our co-branding partners and our business partners may offer:
- Products and services on food and beverage;
- Products and services on health and wellness; and
- Restaurant memberships.
- The above products and services may be provided by the Company and/or:
- any of our affiliates;
- the business partners or co-branding partners of the Company and/or affiliates providing the products and services set out in (2) above; and/or
- third party reward, loyalty or privileges programme providers and/or marketing agencies supporting the Company or any of the above listed entities.
- In addition to marketing the above products and services, the Company also intends to provide your personal data to all or any of the persons described in (3) above for use by them in marketing those products and services, and the Company requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose.
Before using your personal data for the purposes and providing to the transferees set out above, the Company must obtain your written consent, and only after having obtained such written consent, may use and provide your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose.
You may in future withdraw your consent to the use and provision of your personal data for direct marketing. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us in writing to the address in the section on "Data Access and Correction" below.
Data Access and Correction
You have a right to (without charge) withdraw your consent to the processing in the above manner at any time. You are also entitled to access, correct or enquire about the data held by the Company about you. If you wish to withdraw your consent, access, correct or enquire about any data held by the Company about you, you can do so by writing to:
Mizkan Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
No.2 Pioneer Sector Lane, Singapore, 628321
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset the Company’s administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access requests.